Visit Program Webpage
||Advanced Certificate in Computer Network Electronics Technician
Employers value Industry certifications in addition to the Camosun credentials. This program focuses on several industry recognized certifications and takes a practical career-oriented approach to learning with emphasis on the installation, repair and maintenance of computers, servers, computer networks and electronic systems. Students have an opportunity to graduate after the first year of studies or to continue on for the third academic term.
Internship is an optional component. Internship is work experience that can enable the student to experience different employment fields and can often lead to continuing employment.
Graduates of the program will be able to implement, design and configure network systems along with implementing advanced server systems and network security.
Career/Academic Advancement Opportunities
Graduates are prepared for employment in areas such as:
- installation and maintenance of complex computer networking systems
- maintenance and repair of personal computers
- maintenance and repair of server systems
- Implementation of workstation security
- Installation and maintenance of home automation systems
- configuration and setup of advanced servers
- analog and digital circuit assembly, installation, repair and maintenance
- installation, repair and maintenance of microprocessor based equipment
- technical sales support
Graduates may seek employment at an entry level in the network management, computer maintenance or industrial or consumer repair fields. Graduates may elect to enter one of the technician specialty programs offered at other colleges across Canada and the United States that have common core electronics as a prerequisite. Students will have the option of taking vendor exams such as: CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, MS 70-740, MS 70-741, LPI, CFOT, CPCT, and CET.