Visit Program Webpage
||Certificate in Computer Network Electronics Support Technician
Employers value Industry certifications in addition to the Camosun credentials. This program focuses on several industry recognized certifications and takes a practical career-oriented approach to learning with emphasis on the installation, repair and maintenance of computers, servers, computer networks and electronic systems. Students have an opportunity to graduate after the first year of studies or to continue on for the third academic term.
Internship is an optional component. Internship is work experience that can enable the student to experience different employment fields and can often lead to continuing employment.
Career/Academic Advancement Opportunities
Graduates are prepared for employment in both public and private industries at the maintenance level of systems in areas such as:
- installation and maintenance of small computer networking systems
- maintenance and repair of personal computers
- maintenance and repair of server systems
- analog and digital circuit assembly, installation, repair and maintenance
- installation, repair and maintenance of microprocessor based equipment
- technical sales support
- help desk
Graduates may also seek employment in roles such as computer technicians, electronics assemblers or installers, security systems technician. Students will have the option of taking vendor exams such as: CCENT, CompTIA A+, MS 70-740 and CET.