Visit Program Webpage
||Bachelor of Sport Management
The Bachelor of Sport Management is a dynamic applied degree program that prepares graduates to work in the sport management industry. Graduates of this leading-edge program are analytical and strategic thinkers who have the requisite skills and knowledge to lead and manage in a variety of sport industry contexts. Graduates are prepared to practice professionally, responsibly and ethically in the sport management industry and integrate management, business, sport science, and socio-cultural knowledge into the role of the sport manager. Applied strategic and organizational planning skills, along with the ability to develop professional relationships within the sport and business community, enable graduates to lead and manage in sport environments, provincially, nationally and globally. Applied learning opportunities including internship, and capstone learning experiences are offered throughout this program.
Career/Academic Advancement Opportunities
Graduates of this program are prepared for careers in sport related business, leadership, event, program and project development and management positions in not-for-profit, corporate and community sports environments.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Sport Management Degree may also pursue graduate studies in a variety of post-secondary institutions.
At the completion of the program students will be able to:
- Apply and synthesize knowledge of sport theory, concepts and principles in a range of sport management contexts.
- Incorporate management and business concepts and principles into sport industry/field practices.
- Demonstrate and model social responsibility and cultural awareness including Indigenous awareness as a sport management professional.
- Plan, design, implement, and assess programs and events that support organizational goals.
- Apply and integrate business, management and sport knowledge to effectively manage resources and facilities
- Use strategic and critical analyses to make informed decisions, respond to change, and problem solve.
- Lead and positively influence individuals, teams, groups and organizations in the accomplishment of goals.
- Demonstrate ethical, responsible and accountable behaviour as a sport management professional.
Program Participation Requirements
- Some courses in this program will require math as a pre-requisite (e.g. “C” in Pre-calculus 11, or Foundations of Math 11, MATH 077 or MATH 073 ; or “C+” in MATH 075 or MATH 072 ). Students may enter this program without Math, but must complete one of the Math courses listed above or successfully complete Camosun’s Math assessment in or before their first semester of study.
- ENGL 151 will require English 12 with a C+ or Camosun Alternative . Students may enter this program with a C in English 12, but must complete one of the English courses listed above or successfully complete Camosun’s English assessment to meet the prerequisite for ENGL 151.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Program Completion Requirements
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (C+) is required to graduate from the program.